Eastbrook High school receive a Four Star rating from the Indiana Department of Education for the 2016-2017 school year. The award was presented to Eastbrook High School this spring. This is the first time Eastbrook HS has received the award! Congratulations to Eastbrook High Students, Teachers, and Staff!
Created in 1988 by the Department of Education, the Four Star School Award has been in existence for nearly 30 years and signifies a pursuit of academic excellence among both the students and the administration of a school. To receive a Four Star designation, a school must receive an “A” on the state’s A-F accountability system and have excellent ISTEP+ pass rates. Adjustments to the criteria for Four Star schools have been made over the years. The current criteria are listed below.
- A school must have received an “A” school for the 2016-2017 school year
- A school must have tested at least 95% of students on ISTEP English/Language Arts and Math.
- 2018 Cohort Combined ECA Pass Percentage (Percent of students who had passed English 10 ECA + Percent of students who had passed Algebra I ECA by end of 10th Grade) must be in the Top 25th Percentile.
- 2018 Cohort Percent Passing Both ECA (Percent of students who passed both the English 10 ECA and the Algebra I ECA by the end of their 10th Grade) must be in the Top 25th Percentile
- Grade 10 combined ISTEP Pass Percentage (Pass Percentage of English/Language Arts ISTEP + Pass Percentage of Math ISTEP) must be in Top 25th Percentile for each grade tested.
- Grade 10 Percent Passing Both ISTEP (Percent of students who passed both the English/Language Arts ISTEP + Math ISTEP) must be in the Top 25th Percentile.